PDA

View Full Version : internal overflow

Jeff1967
01/18/2018, 11:32 AM
I bought a 75 gallon tank for a good price, with the thought of drilling it myself. i have done this on other tanks.
I found that this particular tank has a tempered glass bottom, so i'm going to have to drill the back and place an internal overflow on it.
Has anyone had any experience with a Synergy Reef Systems Shadow overflow?
It has upto a 1500 GPH flow rate. This is too much for my system, but its adjustable.

ca1ore
01/18/2018, 11:58 AM
There are many threads here on these ghost-style overflows. Search function is your friend.

DesertReefT4r
01/18/2018, 08:06 PM
Will be fine, lager overflow is better than smaller. I drilled my old 75g and it was easy and yes the bottom glass is tempered but the sides, front and rear are not. Eshopps makes a nice overflow kit and it comes with the proper glass hole saw.

JoeyBagadonuts
01/20/2018, 10:44 AM
I have the 16” shadow on my 75 and love it. I had to mount it as close as possible(just barely being able to take the back cover off) to the top brace. Any lower and I would be able to see the water line. Also, plan on taking a day or two to dial it in and after that you don’t have to touch it except to switch out the weir occasionally to clean.