PDA

View Full Version : This girl needs some stock help!

Reefer901
01/28/2018, 03:52 PM
Hey! I need some help with stock ideas for my new 180 gallon tank.

For almost two years I've had a small blue hippo tang and two snowflake clowns. The three are best friends and are ALWAYS together. Previously had a flame angel and black cap basslet, but the flame angel killed the BCP and was an all around bully. I've stayed pretty conservative with adding any fish because my current fish get along so well.

I would love any input on fish combos they have had success with or really enjoyed. :spin1:

Interested in the following:

Purple Tang
Anthias or some type of schooling fish (looking for some active guys)
Firefish
Randall Goby and Pistol Shrimp

rffanat1c
01/28/2018, 05:56 PM
Just went through this and despite having more room I couldn’t bring myself to get more than 7 fish. Either they definitely ate coral, couldn’t have more than 1 type of that fish, etc. i settled on:
2 clownfish
1 royal gramma
1 bicolor blenny (my fave. Such a character)
1 purple firefish
1 coral beauty
1 purple tang

It already feels crowded to me watching them swim around. I’ll probably add two bottom dwelling gobies with a pistol shrimp and call it good.

I wanted anthias too but can commit to feeding that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef noob_
01/28/2018, 06:39 PM
All those fish listed could work. You might run into an issue adding two tangs with aggression, but that's down to the individual fish.

MuShu
01/28/2018, 06:47 PM
Flasher wrasses are pretty active and colorful.

pmrossetti
01/28/2018, 09:35 PM
Dart fish and midas blennie

thegrun
01/29/2018, 12:10 AM
I like your fish selections although as posted above there is some risk with the two tangs fighting. Wrasses would also be a good choice, Flame Wrasses and Lineatus being my two favorites.

reefkeeper78
01/29/2018, 05:36 AM
I’ve always liked a mandarain and mystery wrasse. Also enjoyed a fire shrimp too

Uncle99
01/29/2018, 12:36 PM
Your list is good, however keep in mind that Anthias required twice the feeding frequency of all others....

running scott
01/29/2018, 08:11 PM
Flame or long nose hawkfish are two of my favorites that should be easy to add to your tank. I like to get them in pairs. Valentini pufferfish is another fish that should fit right in. Neither one of these fish will be picked on by your present fish, they tend to be left alone.
Both of these fish like to watch and react to their owners,they are very smart.

JTL
01/30/2018, 10:50 AM
A Golden Midas Blenny is a nice fish. I prefer the ones from Africa because they are a deep golden color. I also like firefish but definitely like the Exquisite, they are stunningly beautiful. If you want a wrasse I recommend the Vroliks warasse, again beautiful colors.