PDA

View Full Version : Tang Compatibility

Rev Mike
02/02/2018, 01:07 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I'd like some opinions of adding my last Tang to my 265g FOWLR (and a few soft corals). I currently have a 6" Blue Hippo, 4" Purple, 4" Powder Blue, and a 2" yellow. I'd like to add a 3" Clown. Would that be a safe addition? My current tangs get along great...
Thanks

anthonys51
02/02/2018, 01:31 PM
I also have a 265

I have a hippo, yellow, Naso , chevron , powder blue. My blue was the last one added. I will say any new Fish I add even a small wrasse will set my powder blue off. It will swim around and chase everyone in the tank. Except my 8 inch foxface. It knows better. I also wanted to add another tang but if it gets this crazy when I add a 2 inch wrasse I can Imagine when I add another tang. Have you added any fish after the tangs have been in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dmorty217
02/02/2018, 04:23 PM
I can't advise a Clown or a Sohal in anything less than 1000g. As they mature they become terrors to the point of killing off the other inhabitants until it's the only fish left. Though the Clown is a stunning tang, it's best not put in a home aquarium. I considered and have been considering one for my tank for years, but I know the outcome so I resist the temptation.

nikon187
02/02/2018, 06:54 PM
I can't advise a Clown or a Sohal in anything less than 1000g. As they mature they become terrors to the point of killing off the other inhabitants until it's the only fish left. Though the Clown is a stunning tang, it's best not put in a home aquarium. I considered and have been considering one for my tank for years, but I know the outcome so I resist the temptation.

this right here.. speak from experience with one for over 4yrs

Rev Mike
02/02/2018, 07:03 PM
Yes, I've added three dwarf angels, a Flame, a Potters, and a Coral Beauty. I also added three Blue Chromis. They all live together in harmony. The Tangs weren't bothered by the addition at all...

OrionN
02/03/2018, 07:53 AM
Clown and Sohal are so beautiful but they will not go into my tank. I guess we don't have to learn from first hand experiences but I will never add them into my tank due to experiences of other reefers who's opinion I trusted.

lionfish300
02/03/2018, 09:37 AM
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I'd like some opinions of adding my last Tang to my 265g FOWLR (and a few soft corals). I currently have a 6" Blue Hippo, 4" Purple, 4" Powder Blue, and a 2" yellow. I'd like to add a 3" Clown. Would that be a safe addition? My current tangs get along great...
Thanks Mike instead of add Clown Tang. Have you consider Pyramid or Zooster Butterfly. They neat, active and hardy also considered reef safe

saf1
02/03/2018, 10:10 AM
Mike instead of add Clown Tang. Have you consider Pyramid or Zooster Butterfly. They neat, active and hardy also considered reef safe

Hmm...that Zooster Butterfly is actually pretty reasonably priced and nice looking. How are they has adults?

OrionN
02/03/2018, 10:31 AM
Not a tang but how about one of these?
http://reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=355951&stc=1&d=1470700579