PDA

View Full Version : Anthias comptability

skip0211
02/02/2018, 11:07 PM
I currently have only 6 fish in my 265 SPS only tank. Looking to add more. I have a 5” Powder Blue tang and 3” Flame Angel. Perfect tank mates.. I have a 3” Lyrtail male Anthias and 3 females.. i’de like to add more Anthias into the mix as my tank structure allows for many swim through areas among the corals.. years ago I had a number of Bartlett’s, but they usually killed each other off until one remained. Had this happened several times so ide pass on them.. any suggestions as to what to consider?? Thanks in advance..

Skip

NYCBOB
02/03/2018, 10:41 AM
adding more females shouldnt be an issue. but even within the female group, there is a hierachy. the weakest female gets picked on the most.

haydn
02/03/2018, 11:28 AM
I have 12 P.ignitus they have been in the tank for about 3 weeks and so far they have been model inhabitants, out at the front, feeding well on meaty frozen (they are looking at pellets but not really interested) and mixing with the existing squammies. And shoaling!

Joke
02/03/2018, 04:33 PM
I have had multiple species in the one aquarium no problem. When in such large numbers I find its too hard for them to to pick on the weak.