PDA

View Full Version : Flasher wrasses question

OrionN
02/07/2018, 10:47 AM
My 65 gal tank have a Yellow Tang, two Flame Angels, two Azure damsels and two Ocellaris. Once the Yellow Tang get larger he will go into my 320 to be replace by a tiny Tomini.
I can also remove the Flame Angels if needed.
Is this OK to have two Flasher wrasses in this tank?

Tripod1404
02/07/2018, 06:17 PM
It should be. Keep in mind they are jumpers at a whole another level.

eatbreakfast
02/08/2018, 06:04 AM
I would recommend adding a third flasher. They form a social hierarchy. So only having 2 means one will dominate the other one all the time. Whereas having a third one will break up the focus, giving the subordinates a break.

OrionN
02/08/2018, 07:20 AM
Three Flasher it is. I am setting up my 320. Once it is up, my Bluethroat Fairy going to go in it and I am getting three flasher wrasses for my 65 gal tank.
Thanks.
While the tank does not have a screen, it does have a DIY high hood that is completely enclosed. Build without any place where a fish may stuck there and not fallen back into the water. The overflow is also covered so they cannot jump into the overflow either.

ca1ore
02/12/2018, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately flasher females seem to be unobtanium these days. Had a male and two females years ago and the male was always displaying. Agree with tripod that they are motivated jumpers on a whole different level.

ca1ore
02/12/2018, 06:41 PM
Minh, how's the blue throat been working out. Been looking for one myself.

OrionN
02/12/2018, 08:09 PM
The Bluethroat is doing great in my 65 gal. He flashes his immage sometime but not a lot because my Yellow Tang and my Male Flame Angel is hogging the mirror when I put it on the tank. No fading of color so far. Very blue when he flashes other time not so blue.
So far I don’t have him with any fairy or flasher wrasse. Doing fine with Flame angels, clowns, azur damsels and yellow tang. He is getting fat. All flake food with minimal frozen. He even eat the nori on clip

OrionN
02/13/2018, 07:08 PM
Got a Flasher wrasse. ID as P. flavianalis. He is in my QT tank right now. Picture today. Eating well.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=387225&stc=1&d=1518570451