PDA

View Full Version : weird Radion behavior

nezw0001
02/14/2018, 09:21 PM
I have two gen 3 Radion Pros on my tank. I set them up on my new apex thru the set up wizard. Everything seemed fine for a while but now when they are showing 73% (or any other random number) on dashboard they are actually off. I can move the slider to ON and they go on but when I put them back to AUTO they turn off even though it says 73% on the right side of the slider.

I did hook each one up to ecosmart through the USB cable, did a factory reset and reattached them to the WXM, deleting them first,etc and they worked fine for a bit but now we are back to the same strange behaviour.

any suggestions? My next plan of action is to take them off of apex and run them thru ESL but I would rather not do that and prefer to keep everything thru apex.

aaronpentz
02/18/2018, 12:53 AM
Not sure. Have you tried to calibrate them with ecosmart live first then do the attachment

Also try changing the channel number of the wxm.

gonereefing654
02/18/2018, 01:58 AM
I stopped using m Ecotech stuff on my apex all together after I got a vectra. I had random problems with my gen 3s also and after switching them to the reef link that went away.
I just use both systems for different things.

nezw0001
02/18/2018, 08:12 AM
I think I might have found the problem. So I set my radions up using the wizard because I don't really understand the advanced program for the radions. The graph on the wizard looked fine but when I went into the advanced programming there was time points were the overall intensity would be 75% but all the different color led settings would be 0. Dont know why it did this as in the wizard it looked fine.

Seems to work now and yes I did factory reset, calibration in ESL before attaching them