PDA

View Full Version : BRS 2-part vs. ESV B-ionic

tah532
02/17/2018, 04:56 PM
I have been using BRS 2-part for over a year now and soon will be switching over to ESV. My question is, can I run the same dosage or should I start lower and work up? If so where is a good starting point? I currently dose BRS 2-part at 22ml/day in a 40g mixed reef tank. My Alk is usually around 7.7-8.0 and that seems to be the best range for my corals.

billdogg
02/18/2018, 07:57 AM
I have no idea what the correct dosage for your system would be. Looking at the BRS website, it states that the correct dosage is 1ml/4g daily. I'm not sure how they can make a blanket statement like that considering just how different each system is.

It also looks like it will be considerably more expensive that the BRS 2 part, especially if you buy the 2 part in 5g buckets.

Why is it that you want to switch? I'm not trying to imply that you are wrong - just wondering?

Scott07
02/18/2018, 09:24 AM
I think what you're asking is: when mixed as directed, is the ESV 2 part more, less, or equally as concentrated a solution as the BRS? Now that you've asked I want to know too! I didn't realize the BRS was so much cheaper. Following......

gonereefing654
02/18/2018, 09:43 AM
I’ve tried both an my dosages for the tank were about the same with both.
Brs has a clear container so you can see easily that it’s mixed good. (Little problem I know)
But I really didn’t notice much difference other that. And price

rocsec1
02/18/2018, 10:05 AM
I’ve used both and really didn’t see a difference so I went with the cheaper, brs.

cFloor
02/18/2018, 03:34 PM
I believe b-ionic is more concentrated so you'll likely have to lower your daily dose amount.

joshky
02/18/2018, 05:01 PM
I believe b-ionic is more concentrated so you'll likely have to lower your daily dose amount.

+1 I had to lower my dosage when I switched, about all I can remember though... sorry for not being more help.