PDA

View Full Version : N0P0x Sucess Thread?

thatoneazn
02/25/2018, 09:18 PM
Hello All,
I just started getting into SPS after great success in softies.
With that being said i had phosphates that were in the 0.8 range.
Setup a new tank 90 gallons with 40-gallon sump and large skimmer..
Over the course of 2 months i was able to dose slowly and get it down to 0.31...still have some way to go.
With that being said anybody have luck using this product? I have lost lots of livestock and some SPS coral in the process.
My tank now has algae in it, might be my old RO-Di failing..although it showing 0TDS. Can people just post their experiences and their tank now?
Just super frustrated with this product and want to have a great SPS tank with colors.
Don't want to kill any more fish or livestock.

Tripod1404
02/26/2018, 12:09 AM
My nitrate and phosphate are 0.2 ppm and 0.02 ppm respectively. I achieved it through carbon dosing (which is same as NoPoX) many years ago. So it will work. But reduction of phosphate through carbon dosing is a very slow process, it works much faster for nitrate. If phosphate is your only problem, you might want to use GFO before hand to at least drop it before 0.1 ppm and continue using NOPOx from there.

Keep in mind, phosphate is mostly an outcome of overfeeding. And I would have not get any SPS coral before phosphate is at least below 0.1 ppm (even that is like the upper high limit).

Aslo if you are losing fish, it is cant be a phosphate issue. You might want to look into that.

Reefiez
02/26/2018, 01:16 AM
I have used NOPOX from day 1, my tank is 1 year old now and i am still using it daily. My tank is reefer 525 medium-high stocked LPS+SPS tank, feeding about 4 cube frozen per day. PO4 currently at 0.026 and dosing 6ml nopox per day.

NOPOX is very unlikely to be the cause of your problem, it is likely large parameter swings that are stressing and killing your corals.

NOPOX COULD kill your fish if you overdose and get a bacterial bloom, which causes low oxygen levels in your tank that your fish needs. if that's the case you want to increase your aeration, although leaving the skimmer on is probably going to be enough.

You could give more details about your current tank parameters, and what kind of maintenance / dosing / feeding you're doing. also a pic would be helpful =)

Dan_P
03/03/2018, 03:16 PM
Setup a new tank 90 gallons with 40-gallon sump and large skimmer..
Over the course of 2 months i was able to dose slowly and get it down to

A question usually spawns questions.

Are you saying that you have a two month old tank?