PDA

View Full Version : Dissapearing angelfish?

radicalemonpeel
03/01/2018, 04:37 PM
Iv'e had a multicolor angelfish in my tank for a few months now, and he's been doing totally fine. Eats everything I put in the tank and an active swimmer. I added a Burgessi butterflyfish to the tank two days ago, and the multicolor had no issues with the burgess, and vice versa. Today when I came in to the classroom (It's a project aquarium for my marine biology class) The multicolor was nowhere to be seen! I checked every angle of the tank and behind the rockwork as well. The rockwork has swimthroughs and caves, but nothing that he would be able to completely hide in, and the top in completely sealed. I've checked the overflow and sump chambers to no avail. My only worry is that he's stuck somewhere in the rockwork, since he is always out and about. The only other tankmate is a very small engineer goby and a small CUC

albano
03/01/2018, 05:00 PM
I think that multicolor is one of the dwarf Angels that is 'here today, gone tomorrow' ... They seem to do fine for a few months and then for no apparent reason died suddenly