PDA

View Full Version : Peacock vs diatoms.

Loganberry
03/15/2018, 06:08 AM
Anyone know if diatoms can affect peacock? Got caught short when i got my peacock so its currently on glass bottom tank but plan to add 1 inch of crush coral and 1-2mm grain sand at weekend, will probably get diatoms.

Jlentz
03/15/2018, 09:29 PM
Anyone know if diatoms can affect peacock? Got caught short when i got my peacock so its currently on glass bottom tank but plan to add 1 inch of crush coral and 1-2mm grain sand at weekend, will probably get diatoms.

I’ve not had any issues. I’d be extremely careful about potentially kicking off a cycle though.

In the past I replaced all my Hawaiian black sand with an oolite dsb. Was very careful and washed the sand really well and didn’t have a problem except for ****ing him off for a couple days. Some diatoms but no real cycle.

I’m an edge case probably in that my mantis 90 is plumbed into a common sump with my mature sps90. 200 gal total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vmazz
04/03/2018, 02:37 PM
Diatoms started to appear in my tank last week. They are still there but are no longer growing. I added phosguard and shut the lights off. I plan on getting a snail or something like that to clean them up but other then looking ugly they haven’t realy done anything. I think your peacock will be fine.