PDA

View Full Version : TTM and PP

JTL
04/16/2018, 10:51 AM
I am going to start the ttm tomorrow on a couple of new fish. I was thinking of using prazipro at the start and again on day 7. I am going to be out of town for one day after the first transfer and I don't want any chemicals in the tank when I am gone.

Thinking this through. Why isn't one does sufficient when you doing the ttm. The first dose kills the flukes and then you dump the water and presumably all of the eggs. So what is there to hatch necessitating a second dose?

soulpatch
04/16/2018, 12:11 PM
I always dose on 2 of the transfers just to be safe. With a small QT tank it is minimal use of the Prazi and just gives me better peace of mind. Not to mention it is a bit longer contact time just in case.

JTL
04/16/2018, 12:30 PM
2 transfers seems to be the norm. And a little more "dwell" time is probably good but if that was the only reason why couldn't you do them one after another with no waiting period. Almost makes me think it comes from the recommended procedure when you are treating a tank and not pitching all of the water after dosing. Just curious.