PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Question

OffRoad322
04/28/2018, 01:39 PM
Hi All,
Sorry to add another cycling question to the forum, but I couldnt find the answer anywhere.

I'm 25 days into cycling. Live sand, cured rock. 1.026 salinity.

I have fully processed ammonia to nitrite then to nitrate using Dr tims ammonia and his one and only. But per Dr Tims instructions and forums when I dose another 2ppm ammonia my tank doesn't process it in 24hrs. It takes 1.5days to process the ammonia.

So do I keep dosing 2ppm ammonia each time it reaches 0 ammonia and nitrite and wait for it to process in 24hrs or am I done?

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PitViper
04/28/2018, 01:47 PM
Hi All,
Sorry to add another cycling question to the forum, but I couldnt find the answer anywhere.

I'm 25 days into cycling. Live sand, cured rock. 1.026 salinity.

I have fully processed ammonia to nitrite then to nitrate using Dr tims ammonia and his one and only. But per Dr Tims instructions and forums when I dose another 2ppm ammonia my tank doesn't process it in 24hrs. It takes 1.5days to process the ammonia.

So do I keep dosing 2ppm ammonia each time it reaches 0 ammonia and nitrite and wait for it to process in 24hrs or am I done?

Thank you!!

Do not add any more ammonia. Your ammonia is now being turned into nitrites which will now be turned into nitrates. By adding more ammonia you will only stall out the process and one of two things will happen. 1. It’s going to take a lot longer. 2. You will wind up having to start all over.

Although my bet is on the stalling and taking longer.

Stop your ammonia dosing. And let the cycle take its course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffRoad322
04/28/2018, 02:45 PM
Do not add any more ammonia. Your ammonia is now being turned into nitrites which will now be turned into nitrates. By adding more ammonia you will only stall out the process and one of two things will happen. 1. It’s going to take a lot longer. 2. You will wind up having to start all over.

Although my bet is on the stalling and taking longer.

Stop your ammonia dosing. And let the cycle take its course.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI already have nitrates...0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 40ppm nitrate. But Dr Tims says to dose again with 2ppm of ammonia and test to see if tank can convert it to nitrates in 24hrs.

lapin
04/28/2018, 04:15 PM
You are done. You gots the bacteria you need growing. Change out some water. Lets say 50% to drop your nitrates. You can add live stock, 1 or 2 every other week. You want to build up the bacteria without an ammonia spike. Fish poop and left over food will do that for you. Have fun with the new tank.

PitViper
04/28/2018, 04:56 PM
I already have nitrates...0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 40ppm nitrate. But Dr Tims says to dose again with 2ppm of ammonia and test to see if tank can convert it to nitrates in 24hrs.

You are done with the cycle then. If nitrates are that high. Do your water change and you will be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
04/29/2018, 06:48 AM
Yes... don't add more ammonia.. you have added plenty already..
Cycle is over.. adding one initial dose and one more after that as disappeared is plenty..
No more..

You can start adding livestock..