PDA

View Full Version : suggestions what seaweed for tangs?

Googlymoogly
04/29/2018, 10:22 AM
So I used to buy some seaweed wraps from walmart that my tang liked. But they changed brands and now my tang doesnt seem to like the new kind.

Just curious what kinda people use in their tanks? I'll spend more money on ones online if the fish like it better. Obviously if my fish eat it and stay healthy I'd spend a little more on the the seaweed.

billdogg
04/29/2018, 02:41 PM
If you have an Asian grocery near you they'll have just what you are looking for. Possibly "fresh", not dried Nori, and preservative free.

Googlymoogly
04/29/2018, 03:22 PM
Alright I guess ill look into finding an asian market and see if they have fresh nori.
Thanks!

AlSimmons
04/29/2018, 04:13 PM
Like mentioned above that Nori you can find at the market will work, but your LFS should have this too. (Ocean Nutrition?) Also, if your Tang will eat flakes a Spirulina supplement can be a great thing as well. (not to mention frozen foods like Veggie Delight, Emerald Entre etc) Variety is key.

on the spot
04/30/2018, 07:54 PM
There is Certified Vegan, Raw, Kosher Sushi Wrap Papers - Premium Unheated, Un Cooked, untoasted, dried nori available in small quantities for larger sums of money than they should be, on amazon.

It's likely the same stuff you could buy on ebay in bulk for far less.

but I use one of the local groceries, mostly because the clerk giggles when I walk in, and I imagine it's because I'm handsome.

Cancun
04/30/2018, 10:12 PM
So I used to buy some seaweed wraps from walmart that my tang liked. But they changed brands and now my tang doesnt seem to like the new kind.

Just curious what kinda people use in their tanks? I'll spend more money on ones online if the fish like it better. Obviously if my fish eat it and stay healthy I'd spend a little more on the the seaweed.Hi! I have been using the Omega One green seaweed sheets for years....I don't have a Tang anymore.....but when I did he loved it.....now my Angels and even my Wrasses love it....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Louis Z
05/01/2018, 10:47 PM
Omega one red and green dried algae go quickly in my tank . I have 2 rabbitfish and one tang . Doesn’t last long . I also feed the kelp pellets
From omega one . That too is winner . The pellets do put weight on the fish . My clowns and juvenile blue face like that too . Even my green brittle starfish eats the pellets . He pigs out on them .

oldhead
05/02/2018, 08:04 AM
I use the green seaweed, but my tang is a pig. He eats pellets, flakes, frozen mysis and what ever is growing on the back of the tank. I'm surprised he isn't round like a baseball.

ryeguyy84
05/02/2018, 01:19 PM
I use this from the Asian grocery storehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180502/9d398326f37c37d067c81b6c322c2414.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk