PDA

View Full Version : Clams and angels

sbreefer
04/30/2018, 03:11 PM
Anyone had issues introducing a clam to a reef with angels? I currently have an annularis, emporer and a flame. they all leave all of my corals alone. not wanting to add an expensive snack....
I had an 18" gigas for years. anyone know where you might be able to find one?

carrots
04/30/2018, 06:42 PM
I tried adding a clam to a mixed reef tank with a flame angel and a flame back dwarf angel. From day one they both pestered the heck out of it by nipping at the shell not the flesh. After a week I started noticing bite marks on the clam's flesh. I even caught a lawnmower blenny nipping at the clam. That is my experience. My friend has two flame angels with a clam and no problem. His clam was in the tank before the fish were added. My fish were in the tank before my clam was added. Not sure if that was a factor or not.

OrionN
05/04/2018, 05:16 AM
Anyone had issues introducing a clam to a reef with angels? I currently have an annularis, emporer and a flame. they all leave all of my corals alone. not wanting to add an expensive snack....
I had an 18" gigas for years. anyone know where you might be able to find one?
I keep a harem of Flame angels and a pair or Regal angels with my clams and no problem. I also had Flameback, Cherup and Fireball angels with no problem.
Regarding a T. gigas for sale, here is one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/live-tridacna-Gigas-Clam-reef-giant-blue/192465624664?hash=item2ccfd85e58:g:7x0AAOSw7vVakZ86