PDA

View Full Version : Is this water ok?

Sugarplum22
05/08/2018, 06:20 PM
I just bought 30 gallons of water at the store and when I got home I realized it just said “purified water” but doesn’t say how it was purified (I thought I was buying the same brand as when I filled my tank up but I guess not 😕) I tested it with my TDS tester and it comes up 000 does that mean it will be fine? Or should I try calling the company tomorrow and see if they can say for sure how it’s purified?

Pslreefer
05/08/2018, 06:39 PM
If tds says zero, than it’s fine to use.

lapin
05/08/2018, 06:44 PM
+1 above
Purified drinking water: this type of water has been processed to remove chlorine and a majority of dissolved solids, such as magnesium. The source is not required to be named unless it is untreated public source of water.

Sugarplum22
05/08/2018, 07:03 PM
Oh awesome, so basically as long as it reads 000 I don't have to worry about how it was filtered?

PatW
05/09/2018, 05:41 PM
If it has a 000 reading for tds and you measurement is valid that water pretty much has to be reverse osmosis. It could be distilled but I doubt that because, I think RO is far more economical. With a tds of 000, they are giving you a highly purified product. My tap water is at about 130 and my RO is 2 and after DI it is 00.

Still, you don’t know how good it is. Having your own RODI system means you have control over the purity of your water. It is also more convenient and cheaper too. A trifecta.