PDA

View Full Version : How should I set the lighting timers on Odyssea T5 Quad Timer Aquarium Light Marine

Tyler438
05/11/2018, 08:48 AM
Hey guys,

I am new to the salt water tanks. I've had mine going for a few months now and just upgraded my lighting. I was wondering how I should set the timers. I have 2 clown fish,1 cleaner shrimp, 1 blue angel,condylactis anemone, and 2 live rocks in the tank.

mcgyvr
05/11/2018, 09:12 AM
To turn off about 8 hours after they turn on is all you need and ONLY because you have a nem.. If that wasn't there you don't need lights at all..

In general the nem should really only need like 6-8 hours of a light a day and anymore is really just for your own viewing pleasure..

Tyler438
05/15/2018, 08:10 AM
To turn off about 8 hours after they turn on is all you need and ONLY because you have a nem.. If that wasn't there you don't need lights at all..

In general the nem should really only need like 6-8 hours of a light a day and anymore is really just for your own viewing pleasure..

Thanks, Since I got this light it seems to have flared up brown algae, any suggestions?

mcgyvr
05/15/2018, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Since I got this light it seems to have flared up brown algae, any suggestions?

Diatoms maybe?
Picture?
Using RO/DI water?
Tested for silicates?
Nitrate results?
Phosphate results?

Algae needs food and light so its certainly possible to have algae

Tyler438
05/17/2018, 12:00 PM
Diatoms maybe?
Picture?
Using RO/DI water?
Tested for silicates?
Nitrate results?
Phosphate results?

Algae needs food and light so its certainly possible to have algae

I believe it is Diatoms, I just got a UV filter, Green killing machine or something like that. I'm hoping that kills it off.
pH is 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

mcgyvr
05/17/2018, 12:03 PM
Yeah normal in a new tank..
It will pass