PDA

View Full Version : where do you get fish online aside from LA/DD

gsiegel
05/22/2018, 04:22 PM
I have always got fish from Live Aquaria/Divers Den. Curious as to other places out there you recommend (preferably with guarantees as well)

KarenLR75
05/22/2018, 04:50 PM
I haven't personally bought anything from them but I had same question as you and found Blue Zoo. Found another one too but their packaging and shipping prices shocked me..and warranty but maybe things have changed...it was a while ago that I looked at them. If someone doesn't post w/the name, I'll look them up again.

sde1500
05/22/2018, 05:40 PM
Vivid aquariums

Dmorty217
05/22/2018, 05:44 PM
Among the reef (Jordan) or Pacific Island Aquatics (Colin) if I’m looking for less rare stuff NYAQUATICS

alton
05/23/2018, 05:50 AM
For Florida fish/Corals/Inverts KP Aquatics

top shelf
05/23/2018, 06:39 AM
Vivid aquariums

+1 their shipping is about the same as la/dd but I can't recall the guarantee. Both fish came in completely healthy and started eating immediately. Still in my system.

EMeyer
05/23/2018, 08:48 AM
saltwaterfish.com
bluezooaquatics.com

both just as good as LA in my opinion, and usually with better prices.

cincyjim
05/23/2018, 09:00 AM
Mostly LA/DD but I have bought a few fish from PetCo and they have done just as well as those from LA/DD. I bought a Leopard Wrasse from PetCo a couple of months ago and she is doing awesome.

scooter31707
05/23/2018, 11:45 AM
Vivid aquariums

^^^ and have had some success with Nyaquatics.

swhobbie1
05/23/2018, 09:18 PM
I bought from saltwaterfish.com recently and one fish was DOA and they did not even respond to my email. Purchased fish from BlueZooAquatics in the past and they were packed well and healthy on arrival. Came with food also which is unusual.

mndfreeze
05/24/2018, 04:05 AM
bluezoo is where I got my ternatensis mantis back when I first started reefing in 2010. Took months of being on a wait list for that little pile of angry awesome. So worth it, and their packaging was amazing, included acclimation guides, tubing for drip, etc.

That said, their prices are definitely a bit on the high side some times, but so is liveaquaria. More worth it for rare or harder to find things, less so for common stuff if you have an LFS or two in your area that usually can just order it anyway.

phenom5
05/24/2018, 07:16 AM
I typically get fish from BlueZoo. Always healthy, and they have a huge selection. Have ordered a bunch of corals from Vivid, but never fish...but in general they are a good vendor too.

mndfreeze
05/24/2018, 07:43 AM
Also, I'm now filling shopping carts at almost every site listed in this thread. God I hate you guys. :D

EMeyer
05/24/2018, 08:51 AM
I bought from saltwaterfish.com recently and one fish was DOA and they did not even respond to my email. Purchased fish from BlueZooAquatics in the past and they were packed well and healthy on arrival. Came with food also which is unusual.

If I recall correctly, saltwaterfish handles these through the "my support requests" under "my account".

Every vendor I have ordered from has sometimes sent a DOA fish or invert. Every one was refunded without a problem, from all companies. But each company has their preferred method of contact.

swhobbie1
05/24/2018, 09:24 AM
Emeyer.. understood ... however it is 2018 and businesses are expected to watch email as delivery channel from customers. I shouldn’t have to chase them or be inconvienced which it was. I buy a lot online and all other vendors responded timely. I will not being buying from this vendor again but hope they change their practices for the benefit of others .

josephxsxn
05/24/2018, 06:13 PM
I have been to the WWC storefront in Florida and it's amazing. Seeing thier tank in person gave me the faith to start buying online from them (was on vacation in Orlando.)

https://worldwidecorals.com

gsiegel
05/25/2018, 06:16 AM

Agree about saltwaterfish - not impressed with them.

ca1ore
05/25/2018, 09:46 AM
I use LA/DD, BlueZoo and NYAquatic. Been quite happy with all three.