PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Algae reactor on/off rule doesnt work

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 02:00 PM
Hi all,

So i installed al algae reactor to my tank. Using the dashboard on apex fusion I want the reactor to go on from 7pm to 6am. I go into the plugs settings, follow the rules under the "light" setting. Press ok. Orders load up but it never turns on or of at all during those times. Should the plug be on auto or on?

Help!

slief
06/02/2018, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

So i installed al algae reactor to my tank. Using the dashboard on apex fusion I want the reactor to go on from 7pm to 6am. I go into the plugs settings, follow the rules under the "light" setting. Press ok. Orders load up but it never turns on or of at all during those times. Should the plug be on auto or on?

Help!

The outlet needs to be set to AUTO.

hijinks
06/02/2018, 02:53 PM
on means its on and ignores the programming. Auto will use the programming. If you are doing the programming at like 8pm, I don't think auto turns it on but should the following day.

Select advanced type and paste the programming for it. My fug light looks like

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 01:00 to 08:00 Then ON
If Tmp > 80.0 Then OFF
Min Time 001:00 Then OFF

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 03:04 PM
Thanks all.. It looks like this now..

We'll see if it turns on tonight..

elFloyd
06/02/2018, 03:53 PM
That should work!

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 06:07 PM
Aaaaand it’s off. Didn’t work. You could see the super bright light through the crack of the doors if it was on :(

slief
06/02/2018, 06:14 PM
Aaaaand it’s off. Didn’t work. You could see the super bright light through the crack of the doors if it was on :(

Try switching to a different outlet on the EB8. Maybe there is an issue with the outlet. Have you tried plugging manually toggling from Auto to ON? Have you tried plugging the reactor directly into a wall outlet to verify the light is functional?

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 06:28 PM
Try switching to a different outlet on the EB8. Maybe there is an issue with the outlet. Have you tried plugging manually toggling from Auto to ON? Have you tried plugging the reactor directly into a wall outlet to verify the light is functional?

Yes sir. If I toggle between on and off it works. Just not on auto with the timer settings. I’ve tried so many times

top shelf
06/02/2018, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry I can't add anything more then what's already been said but I've noticed Apex can be rather finicky like that at times. If something isn't just right then it doesnt work. Try double checking everything when trying to set the outlet up. I can't for the life of me remember what it was but I had a similar issue trying to program my fuge light and after checking and rechecking I had one thing wrong, now it works perfect.

slief
06/02/2018, 08:01 PM
Switch to advance mode and copy and paste this. Per your screen shot, this will turn the reactor lights on at 7PM and off at 11PM. Not enough runtime but this is the way I would do it. Not sure what is wrong in your example above using Fusion. I rarely use Fusions wizard for programming. One thing I did note is that your screen shots were taken prior to 7PM (19:00) so if that was in fact the case, I wouldn’t have expected the light to be on anyways.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 19:00 to 23:00 Then ON
If Temp > 82 Then OFF

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 08:32 PM
Switched to on and it turned on. No clue what the problem is.

slief
06/02/2018, 08:37 PM
Switched to on and it turned on. No clue what the problem is.

ON will override any programming. That means the outlet is working but your programming isn’t or your time is off on the Apex. Have you tried my suggestion above?

ClownReef®
06/02/2018, 09:04 PM
Ok, I just copy pasted the code and they stayed on every after switching the button to AUTO. Thats a first.

Thank you all for your input.

The reason why its only for 4 hours is because I dont want to melt that cheato. It came from a lower light system so I want to acclimate it.

ClownReef®
06/03/2018, 07:05 AM
Update:

It stayed on past 7am. Its still on right now. It didnt turn off.

I really dont know what else to do..

Member No. 1
06/03/2018, 09:00 AM
Is the clock set to the right time for your time zone?

ClownReef®
06/03/2018, 01:34 PM
It is

homer1475
06/03/2018, 02:25 PM
What plug position is the light in on the EB8?

EDit:
saw it is on plug 4. That programming should work fine.

Perhaps try another plug on the EB8.

Vinny Kreyling
06/03/2018, 04:30 PM
Should be simple right --- I had a similar experience when the names I put in accidentally matched & the unit did not shut down as expected. Your names are not the same are they?

ClownReef®
06/03/2018, 07:49 PM
No, theyre all different :/.

Member No. 1
06/04/2018, 03:18 AM
What plug position is the light in on the EB8?

EDit:
saw it is on plug 4. That programming should work fine.

Perhaps try another plug on the EB8.
I was going to suggest that to, but not only is it in Outlet 4, it's also an EB832 so it wouldn't matter anyway where it is.

Member No. 1
06/04/2018, 03:21 AM
No, theyre all different :/.
Do all your other devices function as expected in the other Outlets?
Are you using all 8? If possible can you swap the algae light with another less important device to see it the problem follows the light or stays with the Outlet.

ClownReef®
06/04/2018, 08:22 AM
It miraculously started working as it should last night...

Thank you all for your input!