PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia

Remusc
06/29/2018, 06:18 AM
Hi

I think my tank is starting to bloom with aiptasia. I saw 2 now they are tiny white one at the back and inside some of the rock with is hard for me to use the syringe to pump onto them. Any body have any idea? Peppermint shrimp izzit effective in killing them. Btw i have 2 small berghia nudibranch inside my refugium tank. But i think i lost them as i recently kind of readjust my refugium and they are lost. I wanted to use a more natural way to kill them as alot of them is inside the rock unless i remove every thing which i doubt is feasible for me. Any one can give more advise and suggestion.

Thanks

Djbeasley05
06/29/2018, 06:55 AM
Hi

I think my tank is starting to bloom with aiptasia. I saw 2 now they are tiny white one at the back and inside some of the rock with is hard for me to use the syringe to pump onto them. Any body have any idea? Peppermint shrimp izzit effective in killing them. Btw i have 2 small berghia nudibranch inside my refugium tank. But i think i lost them as i recently kind of readjust my refugium and they are lost. I wanted to use a more natural way to kill them as alot of them is inside the rock unless i remove every thing which i doubt is feasible for me. Any one can give more advise and suggestion.

Thanks

Make sure your peppermint shrimp aren’t getting food from some other source. Can you keep them in a qt tank and don’t feed them for 4-5 days? They should be more willing to eat the Aptasia then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter31707
06/29/2018, 07:03 AM
Lemon Juice

Uncle99
06/29/2018, 07:05 AM
Peps work great for long term management.
Stick some expoxy in the holes, but don't use to much at one time your your skimmer will go nuts.

tjm9331
06/29/2018, 07:28 AM
imo burghia nudis are your best bet, if you can get your hands on a few more, place them right on the rock that you see the aiptasia on. It may take a little while to get to work but they will get to work, I had mine in my DT since March and I'm just now starting to see the aiptasia disappear, the struggle was leaving it alone lol. The really good thing about the nudis is they eat them from foot to head so no spores get released back in the tank.

I've tried boiling water and lemon juice, they both work at getting rid of the one you targeted but you'll be chasing your tail trying to get them all and then there's the ones that you can't quite reach.

I've never tried peppermint shrimp so I can't comment there.

which ever path you choose, good luck, they really are a pest.