PDA

View Full Version : Deep Blue aquarium scratches

ScottH72
09/10/2018, 11:15 PM
I have purchased a Deep Blue 80 gallon rimless tank. I have had it a short time. I just removed the sticker from the front glass to discover they used it to hide 4 scratches in the front glass. I am not very happy with this at all. Has anyone else had this happened to them? I have been trying to email them but so far no response.

mcgyvr
09/11/2018, 04:29 AM
I did not have any problems like that..
I'm very happy with my DB 80G rimless..

Where did you purchase it from? Thats who you should be contacting.. I didn't think DB sells direct to the public..

ScottH72
09/11/2018, 09:49 AM
I did contact my LFS and was told I have to take it up with Deep Blue. So I have a funny feeling I am going to get screwed by both.

Misled
09/11/2018, 10:03 AM
I did not have any problems like that..
I'm very happy with my DB 80G rimless..

Where did you purchase it from? Thats who you should be contacting.. I didn't think DB sells direct to the public..

I agree with everything mcgyvr said. And I also agree about the selling to the public thing.

rvareef
09/11/2018, 10:21 AM
I did contact my LFS and was told I have to take it up with Deep Blue. So I have a funny feeling I am going to get screwed by both.

who is your lfs

Rover88
09/11/2018, 10:32 AM
This is definitely your LFS's fault.

How long is a 'short time'? How long have you owned it? Was it advertised new or used?

mcgyvr
09/11/2018, 10:46 AM

That would be the last time I bought from that LFS..

ScottH72
09/11/2018, 11:07 AM
It was new because I had to order it and wait. Waited 2 weeks and the first one came in broke. So waited another 2 weeks. I have had it sitting on the stand in the finished basement since. Never even remotely thought of looking behind the Deep Blue sticker. The rest of the tank is perfect. So I am in the process of trying to get deep blue to answer a email. The next closest good LFS is about 2-2 1/2 hrs away.

rvareef
09/11/2018, 11:12 AM
It was new because I had to order it and wait. Waited 2 weeks and the first one came in broke. So waited another 2 weeks. I have had it sitting on the stand in the finished basement since. Never even remotely thought of looking behind the Deep Blue sticker. The rest of the tank is perfect. So I am in the process of trying to get deep blue to answer a email. The next closest good LFS is about 2-2 1/2 hrs away.

who is your lfs?

Rover88
09/11/2018, 11:19 AM
It would not be Deep Blue. Its your LFS, its within 30 days based on what you said since you've received it. You should be allowed to just take it back.

Who is the LFS?

gaby_scan
09/11/2018, 05:17 PM
i would never buy from that place again, they should change it no questions asked if it was they're fault.