PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead Impeller Question

Jyetman
09/13/2018, 08:38 PM
I have 3 JBJ SP-1000 Wavemaker capable powerheads. Normally the impellers twist 1/2 way on the shaft than stop. Over time the plastic tab wears off the shaft and impeller spins freely powerhead fails. I fixed this by super gluing a new tab on the shaft. It doesn't twist easy like before but works is there a reason why the shaft twist 1/2 way? Why can't the impeller be solid and no twisting?

Jyetman
09/14/2018, 12:38 PM
bump

mcgyvr
09/14/2018, 01:32 PM
If its the design Im thinking of its because its a synchronous motor and will start backwards frequently..The tab helps with dampening/freewheeling and to help correct its reverse direction.. "Wavemaker"use only shortens their life because of drastically increased wear and tear from starting backwards frequently..

Jyetman
09/17/2018, 05:39 AM
If its the design Im thinking of its because its a synchronous motor and will start backwards frequently..The tab helps with dampening/freewheeling and to help correct its reverse direction.. "Wavemaker"use only shortens their life because of drastically increased wear and tear from starting backwards frequently..

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk