PDA

View Full Version : Very Happy with Sea Swirl Support

Jbendel
10/08/2018, 07:53 AM
Always like to give credit, where credit is due.

My two 1" sea swirls gave up (within 2 weeks of each other) after > 10 years of service. I opened them up and the "linkage" had decayed to nothing. I emailed Aquarium Currents (maker of Sea Swirl) for some spare parts, and they responded quickly with part availability, as well as a very reasonable offer to rebuild them. As I do not want to go through this again anytime soon, went for the rebuild (included new motors) and just received them back on Sat, and they are up and running.

FWIW ... outside of the flow patterns generated by the swirls, what I like is that I don't have to worry that when a Bubble Tip decides to take a walk, it won't get shredded by power head.

Vinny Kreyling
10/08/2018, 09:34 AM
I have had Sea Swirls for many years.
Some were serviced & always with like new results.
Got larger ones for the new tank.
Great product & always serviceable.

Misled
10/08/2018, 09:49 AM
I have one that's 12 years old. Only time it's stopped is when the power went out. I've never taken it apart. Only wiped it down for cleaning. Really got to give them props on it.

slief
10/08/2018, 10:25 AM
I've been running my two 1" SeaSwirls for about 20 years now. They work great and last a LONG time! I keep one spare one and rotate them out for service every several years. They are certainly built to last a long time! I know it was more than 10 years the first time I serviced mine.