PDA

View Full Version : MP 60 Wetside Bearing

Tecdiverfl
11/23/2018, 09:24 PM
Anyone know who has wetside bearings for the older Ecotech mp60? Mine is getting noise

Green Chromis
11/24/2018, 03:44 PM
Anyone know who has wetside bearings for the older Ecotech mp60? Mine is getting noise

:fish1: Hi, I would call Ecotech and see if they will sell you one, really doubt they will, as you will probably end up just buying the wet side of the MP60. :fish1:

Dmorty217
11/29/2018, 09:34 AM
:fish1: Hi, I would call Ecotech and see if they will sell you one, really doubt they will, as you will probably end up just buying the wet side of the MP60. :fish1:

+1 They won't sell you the bearing

homer1475
11/29/2018, 03:25 PM
There is a thread around here with a "how to" on how to replace the bearings. In that thread they have the exact part number,, and where to buy it, you need with a complete walk through on how to replace it.

Don't quote me, but I think it might be in the DIY section.

Does the wet side have a bearing? I did find the thread, but it's for the dry side. I have 2 mp10's and 1 mp40 and neither have a bearing in the wet side.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337&highlight=vortech+bearing+replacement

Green Chromis
11/29/2018, 06:44 PM
There is a thread around here with a "how to" on how to replace the bearings. In that thread they have the exact part number,, and where to buy it, you need with a complete walk through on how to replace it.

Don't quote me, but I think it might be in the DIY section.

Does the wet side have a bearing? I did find the thread, but it's for the dry side. I have 2 mp10's and 1 mp40 and neither have a bearing in the wet side.
:fish1: What they call a bearing is the white pieces that the impeller spindle fits in. There is one in the top of the housing and the base, the white pieces wear out and they make a rattling sound. I had to replace two wet sides on my sisters tank due to the white pieces wearing our :fish1:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337&highlight=vortech+bearing+replacement

tkeracer619
11/29/2018, 11:18 PM
I don't think there is any difference in the mp60 wetside other than improved materials. I don't think they ever had replaceable parts.

How old? Likely it is time for a new wetside and QD upgrade controller.