PDA

View Full Version : Any Pacific Sun Diuna users out there?

Dlealrious
12/19/2018, 08:47 PM
Hi Guys I was wondering if anyone with above fixture has par readings from the unit. Par seems to be lower than my sunpower unit. I have a 8x39w with c+ b+ split in pac sun
Cheers

paal
12/20/2018, 07:00 AM
Sorry, dont have any answer for you, but I got interested as I am using the Pandora Hyperion hybrid.

What makes you say the PacSun is weaker yhan the ATI? Do you mean visually, or have you measured par? If you have, what were the values of the two lamps?

Dlealrious
12/21/2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah I get 230 par in the centre 350mm from light in pac sun vs 350 in ati

Dlealrious
01/04/2019, 12:15 AM
So I have got the light over the tank now and bulbs burnt in. Right under light it's only getting 380-400 par. Anyone else used these t5's and have readings?

paal
01/08/2019, 03:57 AM
Maybe post in the PacSun hybrid thread? Seems like a lot more users on this forum is running that lamp, so probably easier to get feedback there.

Should be same hardware for the T5s, so with the LEDs off, PAR should be similar given an equal amount of tubes.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2362771&page=49

Przemek_PacSun
01/08/2019, 03:11 PM
Im sorry - I missed that thread.
Diuna T5 is very nice fixture strongly focused on sleek design.
T5 bulbs efficiency depend from several factors - temperature of ballasts, temperature of T5 bulbs(cathode "hot point") etc.
Diuna T5 have cooled /ventilated electronic ballasts but T5 chamber wasn't so good ventilated like it's done for example in Althea T5(I can take full responsibility for that what I will say - it's most efficient T5 lamp on market which have body temperature about 25-26 degree and bulbs cooled by three, big 120mm fans).
Althea is not so sleek like Diuna - is much higher but internal construction allow for best air flow.
Diuna have lower efficiency than Althea - but it's not by "bad" ballasts or reflectors(in all our lamps parabolic reflectors are made from MiroSilver 99.8% reflectivity material - same by the way like in ATI lamps).
But Diuna can still grow acropora corals very well - for example please take a look for this 10.000 liter tank. There are mounted 6pcs Diuna 10x80W lamps and they really can grow coral, isn't true? ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RPDLM-C9wg

Przemek_PacSun
01/08/2019, 04:35 PM
If you are looking for ultra efficient T5 lamp - please take a look for below Althea Hybrid T5 ;-)