PDA

View Full Version : please comment on my schematic for AWC

FishProf
01/04/2019, 06:22 PM
Hi all,

Here is what I have: I snagged a Masterflex model 7551-00. It's a newer model with remote control capabilities (and the RPM that correspond to the voltage can be changed). I can control it through the varspeed port of the Apex. I have a dual channel head (model 7536-02) that takes size 35 tubing (flow of 2300 mL at 600 RPM = .61 gallon/minute = 36.45 gallon/hour).

The challenge is - I want to be able to do BOTH slow continuous water change (say, about 3.5 gallon per day; my tank is 300 gallon) AND a more rapid water change, say, 60 gallon, which will take about 2 hours to drain and 2 hours to fill back the sump.

I want to program Apex to do both. Please see the schematic attached. I would have: two normally-closed solenoid valves, two normally-open solenoid valves, one top-off valve (my top-off is reservoir fills the sump by gravity; I use a normally-open zero pressure to stay open solenoid valve). All valves are 110 volt, controlled by the Apex through an EB8. Plus the VarSpeed control.

V1 = returns NSW back to its reservoir; Normally-closed
V2 = directs NSW to the tank; Normally-open
V3 = circulates Old SW from the sump to the tank; Normally-closed
V4 = Old SW to drain (sewage pipe); Normally-open

I still need to figure out how to trigger the profiles, but I foresee three profiles as follows:

Profile 1: Normal operation, continuous slow water change (in this profile, all solenoid valves are in their normal "off" position - that is, V1 and V2 are Normally-Closed valves, and V2 and V4 and TopOff are Normally-Open valves)
V1=Closed; V2 = Open; V3 = Closed; V4 = Open; TopOff = Open; VarSpeed = low

Profile 2: Drain the sump
V1 = Open; V2 = Closed; V3 = Closed; V4 = Open; TopOff = Closed; VarSpeed = high

Profile 3: Fill back
V1=Closed; V2 = Open; V3 = Open; V4 = Closed; TopOff = Closed; VarSpeed = high

The idea is - when I want to do a rapid water change, I'll first activate profile 2, then profile 3.

Any comments would be appreciated!