PDA

View Full Version : Water testing

mjesus73
03/30/2019, 06:43 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a system to do the tests in real time. I've seen the Neptune one but way too expensive. Don't need to have wifi on it, but just display saying the values. Anyone has a system like that?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bertoni
03/30/2019, 10:03 PM
[welcome]

I haven't tracked the controller market much. Is there a list of features you'd like to have? Separate controllers for lights might be a lot cheaper, for example.

mjesus73
03/31/2019, 04:59 AM
[welcome]

I haven't tracked the controller market much. Is there a list of features you'd like to have? Separate controllers for lights might be a lot cheaper, for example.Hi,

I'm not looking for the controllers but for the ones that do the water tests in real time ( probe in the sump and with display ) for nitrates, calcium, PH, salinity, etc...

mcgyvr
03/31/2019, 08:03 AM
What exactly do you want to test for? (Complete list..no etc...)
Some probes are available...some need to be done via titration,etc...
Expect to pay $$$ for the convenience of real time sampling...

And there isnt one all encompassing device but rather a collection of multiples

mjesus73
03/31/2019, 08:13 AM
Like I said nitrates, calcium, ph, salinity and others that doesn't come to mind. I'm not looking for a system that does that all in one but various with display. With various I can buy one at the time.

ReefWreak
03/31/2019, 09:00 AM
Neptune Apex, Neptune Trident (when it comes out), and a reefbot set up for whatever tests you want that aren't covered by those. That's the best you're going to get. What you're looking for doesn't currently exist as one package.

mjesus73
03/31/2019, 09:08 AM
I'm not looking for one in all. Just smaller ones that I can buy one at the time

bertoni
03/31/2019, 11:00 AM
You could look at the Seneye system as well. It is newer, and I don't know how well it works in practice, but it offers more automated tests.

In the long run, you'll probably only need to test alkalinity once a week or so, once the consumption rate is dialed in, with other parameters needing testing far less frequently, so you might be fine without such a setup, although they are interesting.

mcgyvr
04/02/2019, 10:30 AM
Like I said nitrates, calcium, ph, salinity and others that doesn't come to mind. I'm not looking for a system that does that all in one but various with display. With various I can buy one at the time.

Are you expecting "Full time" (always monitoring)?
Thats not going to happen with many of those parameters.
There are plenty of "spot testing" sensors intended to take a reading and then sit on a shelf until needed again..

Pinpoint nitrate/ph monitor
Hanna Checkers..
Milwaukee makes some too..

Start looking here..
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquarium-monitors-controllers/controllers-monitors/pinpoint-aquarium-monitors-controllers.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquarium-monitors-controllers/controllers-monitors/milwaukee-aquarium-monitors-controllers.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquarium-monitors-controllers/hanna-checker.html