PDA

View Full Version : Water bubble inside the the siliconme ???

PCguy21
04/04/2019, 02:49 AM
So i re-sealed my 135 2 years ago using aqueon silicone, ive re-sealed like 4 tanks in the past and never had issues, i noticed recently and looked back on old pics and it was there in those pics i just never noticed until now.. I noticed the silicone inside the tank is developing round or bean shaped bubbles in the sililicone itself. Mostly on the outer edges of the silicone, not the thicker silicone closer to the two halfs of the glass.

Its got a ton of them too, all 4 corners have them, and i decided to pop some to see if its air or what and water came out... Has anyone heared of this before ?? Its kinda wierd.. how is water getting in the seal and forming round bubbles.. obviously it isnt getting under the seal if its making bubbles... its almost like the silicone had air pockets and its condensation thats building up in them ?? Thats the only theary im getting , ive seen a 5 gallon tank get this before but never a larger tank... Its kinda freaking me out a little as some of them are pretty big