PDA

View Full Version : 2 Leopard Wrasses Quarantine Question

pisanoal
04/08/2019, 02:33 PM
I have a quick "what would you do" question for the crowd. I have 2 female leopard wrasses and a female blue throat trigger in a cycled 20 long quarantine tank. I have had them in there for about a month. During this time, the only sign of disease was a cloudy eye on one of the wrasses. I treated with prazipro, and erythromycin and the eye recovered fine (at least 2 weeks ago). All fish are readily and vigorously accepting frozen foods and have been for the last couple weeks.

My question is, would you still do prophylactic ick treatment (I use TTM) at this point prior to adding to the display?

Display Stats are 280 gallon sps dominant reef. Current stock of about 15 fish including 4 tangs (2 yellows, a sailfin and a clown) and a male blue throat .

Thanks for your input.

billdogg
04/08/2019, 03:23 PM
If they have shown no signs you should be fine adding them to the DT. HOWEVER - I also don't see how TTM could hurt them (or your DT).

So - do you feel lucky?

FWIW - I'd probably go ahead and let them loose in the DT at this point.

pisanoal
04/08/2019, 06:11 PM
If they have shown no signs you should be fine adding them to the DT. HOWEVER - I also don't see how TTM could hurt them (or your DT).

So - do you feel lucky?

FWIW - I'd probably go ahead and let them loose in the DT at this point.

Ive been asking if i feel lucky, that's why i made this post... Haha.

Thanks for the input. My only ttm hesitation is the PIA that it will be, with fresh sand every time and all...

billdogg
04/09/2019, 06:30 AM
That's probably why I'd skip it. If it's been a month and nothing has shown up you should be good to go.

reefried
04/09/2019, 07:19 AM
I would also put them in the display. TTM is a pita.

hkgar
04/09/2019, 12:15 PM
I put my two Leopards through TTM and they were fine. I did not use any sand. At night the would get under the edges of the PVC pieces I add to the TTM tanks.

Personally I would not gamble, but I have had a tank wipe out do to Ick.

Your tank your risk tolerance.

pisanoal
04/09/2019, 08:02 PM
I put my two Leopards through TTM and they were fine. I did not use any sand. At night the would get under the edges of the PVC pieces I add to the TTM tanks.

Personally I would not gamble, but I have had a tank wipe out do to Ick.

Your tank your risk tolerance.

Thanks for the input, that's my gut feeling. I don't think I would do it without sand. I know it can be done, id just rather they be comfortable and as happy as possible. I bought sand for It specifically, and already have the first tank setup. Just haven't moved them yet.

Dmorty217
04/10/2019, 09:40 AM
for the short amount of time that TTM takes, I wouldn't chance it if I were you.

pisanoal
04/10/2019, 07:12 PM
for the short amount of time that TTM takes, I wouldn't chance it if I were you.

Thanks. Definitely planning on ttm now. It was always the plan anyway, but got delayed long enough I figured it was worth finding out what the consensus was.