PDA

View Full Version : SPS and Fish Food

malx
04/25/2019, 08:19 AM
Hi, All.

Any types of food you try to avoid feeding with your SPS tanks? I feed my fish a variety of the Hikari frozen foods, mysis, bloodworms, and Rods complete reef food with selcon.

Anyone ever have issues with any of this or anything for that matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphreef
04/25/2019, 10:51 AM
Shouldn't be any issue. Only issues is if you over feed or if you don't have a mature tank with proper nutrient exportation.

malx
04/25/2019, 01:05 PM
Shouldn't be any issue. Only issues is if you over feed or if you don't have a mature tank with proper nutrient exportation.

Thanks.

Been experiencing lots of STN lately and from the looks of it, going to suffer almost a full crash. I'll probably just save what I can and take a break from SPS for now.

murphreef
04/25/2019, 01:59 PM
^ You sure all your other parameters are good?

So many issues can cause SPS problems, from too new of a tank set up, to high / low alk, and so on..... Key is to get your tank in proper parameters and keep it super stable.

SPS hate variability in water conditions.

malx
04/25/2019, 11:35 PM
Murph appreciate the sentiment but I’ve tried literally everything and checked every parameter and aside from small dkh swing up or down over two days time due to me adjusting my ca reactor and testing im looking under every stone for possible causes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphreef
04/26/2019, 12:58 PM
^ that sucks sorry to hear..... Maybe change up your RODI filters and try a new brand of salt mix see if that helps. I am assuming your magnesium and everything else falls in the "normal" range?