PDA

View Full Version : Decreasing production from ca reactor

hkgar
07/23/2019, 03:01 PM
I have an Aquamaxx cTech 3 calcium reactor. My flow rate is 100ml/min and currently my reactor ph is 6.47 and the effluent dkh is 19.8.

It seems that as more of the media is dissolved that the dKH of the effluent decreases.

Am I correct that that is occurring because there is less media in the chambe for the low ph water to dissolve?

bertoni
07/23/2019, 10:40 PM
Yes, and the more soluble parts might go first. Surface area probably is important here.

hegeh
07/24/2019, 06:40 AM
I assume you did not use PH controller?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ohashimz
07/24/2019, 08:16 AM
This is intersting topic. I run dastaco reactor. When I ask the company they actually told me thebopposit. Rhwy told me more media means less alk a bit. Thwy said more media means less water which means less dissolving action leading to less alk..
I have heared the other way around from some reefers so am not 100% sure which one is which. In my dastaco however when I increased the media I'm first chamber indeed my alk out of the dastaco decreased a bit.
This is in respect to media strictly ofcourse.
Controlling all production via co2 regulation is the best way to go...

hkgar
07/24/2019, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=hegeh;25606904]I assume you did not use PH controller?

Depends on what you mean. I use my Apex to monitor the reactor ph and if the ph drops below 6.35 Apex shuts off the CO2 regulator.

If flow and bubble count and PSI are left alone, ph will find a level point. I then increase or decrease the ph to adjust the effluent dkh.

hkgar
07/24/2019, 03:05 PM
On line, tak a look a bulk reef supply. I very trusted on line dealer. Also Marinedepot.