PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf lion fish in reef

NYCBOB
11/14/2019, 06:13 AM
Got a tiny one for my reef. Anyone got one for their reef? So far hasn’t touched anything and eating frozen.

journeyman
11/14/2019, 06:57 AM
I got a fuzzy and a fu Manchu. Once you have them eating, they don't touch anything. One of my favorites in my tank. Tons of personality.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nereefpat
11/14/2019, 08:54 AM
I had one for a while in a 90 gallon with soft corals and LPS...about ten years ago.

I got it eating cocktail shrimp from a feeding stick before putting it in my big tank. It snacked on flakes and frozen every day, but I purposely fed it big meaty stuff every couple days. It needs to eat big meals every few days at least to sustain itself.

Dmorty217
11/14/2019, 09:13 AM
You don't have to worry about corals with lionfish the problem is any small fish it can fit in its mouth will become food eventually

djryan2000
11/18/2019, 11:17 PM
I got a fuzzy and a fu Manchu. Once you have them eating, they don't touch anything. One of my favorites in my tank. Tons of personality.

Do you have any tank mates with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

journeyman
11/18/2019, 11:23 PM
Yeah. I also have a melanarus wrasse, mystery wrasse, moyeri wrasse, starry blenny, flame hawk, a pair of ocellaris clowns and an engineer goby.

I used to have a pink streaked wrasse and aurora goby that mysteriously disappeared when I was training the fuzzy lion to eat frozen.

djryan2000
11/18/2019, 11:24 PM
Yeah. I also have a melanarus wrasse, mystery wrasse, moyeri wrasse, starry blenny, flame hawk, a pair of ocellaris clowns and an engineer goby.

I used to have a pink streaked wrasse and aurora goby that mysteriously disappeared when I was training the fuzzy lion to eat frozen.

Iím surprised theyíre not expensive meals. Iím setting up a 40B soon and am considering a predator reef.. all the other fish I love are too big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

journeyman
11/18/2019, 11:26 PM
Iím surprised theyíre not expensive meals. Iím setting up a 40B soon and am considering a predator reef.. all the other fish I love are too big!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNow all the tank mates are too big. Also, once I got them eating frozen they lost interest in their tank mates.

lionfish300
11/19/2019, 07:13 PM
I had one in a fish only tank. I had to trade it in. The thing was getting big at a volleyball