PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Backup file from dead controller

bqq100
01/25/2020, 06:41 PM
So my Apex Lite bit the dust and I am replacing it with a used Apex Classic. I know I can't load the backup directly since it is a different controller, but is there anyway to decode the backup file I have from the Apex Lite to get the logic that I had defined for each outlet?

I opened the file in a hex editor and I can see the outlet names, email configuration, password (in plaintext! :eek2: ), but none of the logic definitions.

Anyone know if it is possible to read that information from the backup file? It's been a long time since I set all of that up and I'm dreading having to do it all again.

Thanks!

RobbyG
01/30/2020, 04:00 PM
As painful as it may sound its always better to set them up from scratch!
If your totally adverse to that then maybe you can buy a lite on ebay, do the restore and input the programs into the Classic and when done resell the Lite on eBay for a few $$ less.

bqq100
01/31/2020, 09:55 PM
As painful as it may sound its always better to set them up from scratch!
If your totally adverse to that then maybe you can buy a lite on ebay, do the restore and input the programs into the Classic and when done resell the Lite on eBay for a few $$ less.

Thanks, was always planning on setting it up manually, but I had a lot of advanced outlets and I wanted to copy/paste the logic I had setup.

And my plan was to get another Lite, but I couldn't find one!