PDA

View Full Version : setting up a mixing station!

seanbugeja
03/11/2020, 01:27 AM
hi all, Ive been in the hobby for 2 years now. Im looking to buy a 650litre system which would be fully automated. I think i have the plumbing solved and about to start working on it. I do however have one thing im not certain about.

Im going to be setting up a salt mixing station with 2 one hundred litre tanks. I know usually one is kep for RODI water and the other is the salt mix tank.

I was going to be doing automated 10l water changes daily and was going to be taking water from the salt mix. I would then have to mix salt to the other tank 24hrs before the tank im using runs out and then switch to it hence taking water from it for water changes and at the same time filling the first tank with RODI water.

is this the right way to go about it? im aware people normally leave one tank free of salt but that would mean that when the tank runs out i would have nothing to switch to when the tank runs out. it would take some time for the salt mix to be ready for use and the next waterchange wont have any water. This will also put pressure on my to mix salt on a specific day. The way im going about it will allow me to be more flexible on when i can mix my salt.

Thanks guys :hmm5:

Member No. 1
03/11/2020, 04:52 AM
I have 4 barrels set up for ATO and AWC.
If you have the room, 3 will work.
Barrel A: RO/DI for ATO
Barrel B: Salt Mixing Barrel
Barrel C: Mixed Salt Water for AWC.

This way there is no interruptions in the AWC process and you can mix
the next batch before Barrel C is empty.

Look here at my build thread for more detail.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661614

seanbugeja
03/11/2020, 06:09 AM
Why didn't I think of that! Thanks man I'll go through ur thread

Member No. 1
03/11/2020, 06:22 AM
Why didn't I think of that! Thanks man I'll go through ur thread

:thumbsup: