PDA

View Full Version : Question About Yellow Watchman Goby and Hawkfish. Would love insights.

Zionas
05/31/2020, 01:16 PM
Among the small fish for my tank once it’s set up, I am thinking of paring Yellow Watchman Gobies. I wonder how easy or difficult it would be to do, and whether there are any tricks or special considerations involved.

Also, I would love to have more than one species of Hawkfish. I’m definitely getting a Flame and the second one would hopefully be a Longnose or if I really cannot find a Longnose, a Falco.

The tank in question is 183 gallons, 6 foot long.

Would two Hawkfish of different species get along? Also, would they pose a constant threat to my gobies, as well as my other small fish like the Pajama Cardinals and Royal Gramma as well as larger peaceful fish?

Sk8r
05/31/2020, 04:15 PM
I am told that if you get two ywg's young enough they will sort it out themselves, like clownfish. I do not know whether that is true or not. I do suspect that one will be yellow, the other pale silver. They're one of my favorite fish. I had a not-yellow pair that was just the best ever, real devoted. I had a hawkfish a long time ago, red and white, and he mostly just sat, but was a bit cranky. I don't think I'd own another, just because he didn't do anything or move much.

Zionas
05/31/2020, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info. Would getting two in the 1-2” range be too big for them to pair? Also, how long did you have your pair of Yellow Watchman Gobies?