PDA

View Full Version : Aropower or Red Sea Energy for Super Low PO4 system?

CTaylor
06/28/2020, 09:10 PM
Hi,
I have 0 deteectable Phosphorous and about 5 ppm Nitrate. I actually feed heavily. Should I be using acropower or AB? It seems Acropower was doing ok. I just started AB to see how it goes. I have mixed tank, My acros can be super sensitive due to the near 0 phosphorous.

TTYY

Big E
06/29/2020, 03:08 AM
Amino supplements can add a nitrogen source which you are fine, so no need to add them.

I would focus on dosing phosphates.......track them daily for a while and see how much you need to add on a daily basis. I'd probably try to get them stable at .10-.15 to give you a slight cushion at first.

Randy Holmes Farley recommends using Sodium or potassium phosphate, food grade as your source. It's cheap and you can mix it yourself.

If you want to buy commercial I'd use Sea Chem-

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/4268/?pcatid=4268

CTaylor
06/29/2020, 05:42 AM
TY Big E. Though I'm preferring to add the supplements rather than just PO4. I feed quite a bit and my po4 never goes over 0 ppbillion on hanna. It seems the supps above have more thna just just Phosphours and just Nitrogen. Though I may try what you suggested at some point. I'd like to use something with more than just po4.

ANyone with my similar tank stats as far as NO3 and PO4 using either or have used both of the supps?

TTYY