PDA

View Full Version : MH bulb died after 2.5 months

Norm R
11/18/2003, 06:17 PM
Last Thursday (11/13) I e-mailed the message below to the address linked from your website. I have not gotten a response so I'm assuming I must have gotten the wrong e-mail address somehow??? The e-mail address I got from the website was sales@premiumaquatics.com.

I noticed activity here so thought I would try posting. Members here on RC advised against using a 250 watt bulb as a short-term solution (as I asked below). His tank has now been at 50% light for a week.

Thanks.

My son and I came over from Columbus in late August and bought a new lighting (400 watt dual PFO) system for his aquarium. Yesterday, one of the bulbs did not fire. By process of elimination, we have determined it is the bulb. It had worked fine for 2.5 months then simply didn't fire. The bulb is a SunBurst 12k (400 watt). I realize bulbs have a useful life but am hopeful it is covered by some type of warranty. 2.5 months of use just doesn't seem appropriate. In 14 years in the hobby, I've never had one go that quickly. Can you replace it (please?)?

His tank is heavily stocked with corals. In the interim, can we use a 250 watt bulb w/ the 400 watt ballast? I have a spare 250 on hand but wasn't sure if this is a prudent thing to do.

Thanks.

Norm

Jeremy B.
11/19/2003, 09:30 AM
Hi Norm,

I apologize no one has gotten back to you yet. I think there may have been some miscommunication. We have been unable to reach ALS, who manufactures the Sunburst bulb. Their contact number we have on file has been disconnected. We have discontinued the entire line of Sunburst, so we do not have a direct replacement for you. What we can do is pro rate the lamp, and give you the credit from that towards a Coralvue, or any other lamp you would want to purchase. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jeremyb@premiumaquatics.com

Norm R
11/19/2003, 06:58 PM
Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. That sounds like a good approach. I'll e-mail you to work out the details. I haven't been available during your busines hours this past week so I wasn't able to call. Thanks again.

Norm