PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Magnet Construction

BlueCorn
12/20/2003, 01:16 PM
This morning, much to my dismay I pulled the tank side of my cleaner magnet out to give it a rinse and there was clearly a lot of water inside the magnet.

Is the magnet inside coated or otherwise sealed? or was that water completely exposed to the metal inside?

rvitko
12/20/2003, 07:33 PM
Tunze magnets all share the same housing, the smaller models don't completely fill the housing. All metal parts are completely encased in resin and impervious to water. Water will enter the void space inside but it does not contact anything but plastic.

BlueCorn
12/20/2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks Roger,

That's what I was hoping.

rvitko
12/20/2003, 07:43 PM
I am happy to know you own one of our products, always liked your posts. Hehe, I am typing this on a G5 mac and yes I want a freakin cookie for that.

BlueCorn
12/20/2003, 07:47 PM
D@mn you!

I kind of went nuts this year anyway. I bought 3 Macs in 3 months.

17" iMac, 15.2 Aluminum PB and a 1ghz eMac for my kid. I almost went with the G5 instead of the iMac but couldn't swing the big flat panel display. It just wouldn't have been the same with the 19" Dell monitor. :)

Cheers

rvitko
12/20/2003, 07:56 PM
Hehe, now I am going to be mean- the flat panel rocks, it has only one cable and derives power from the computer and doesn't have it's own power supply. It also communicates with the computer so when you turn on the monitor the computer comes on too, and it has USB ports so you can connect your mouse and keyboard at the desktop but I ordered mine with bluetooth so everything is wireless. I followed your stories on the macs because it mirrored my experiences, just yesterday I had to repair my last PC that I hang on to until Virtual PC 7 arrives, since the G5s flaw in my experience is a lack of software, alot of things don't run quite right and Virtual PC is one of them. Damn fans and heatsinks always fail on PC's and the chips overheat. At my shop we use iMac 15" units for point of sale systems and they work very well networked to a G4 for accounting, I didn't find that I ever saved money with PC's I spent a small fortune on repairs, data recovery and tech support- issues I have never had with Macs.