PDA

View Full Version : Crocea bleaching

chinmo
01/31/2004, 05:42 AM
Hi, i'm using 3 x 39 watts t5 on my tank, 1x aquablue and 2 x sunpro. my clams is 6 inch away from the t5, found a few started to bleach. can any one advise me? Thanks.:(

OrionN
01/31/2004, 06:58 AM
They are not bleaching becasue of high light unless they in very low light from the LFS. Tell us more about your tank. Light may not be the issue here. What do you mean by bleach? Small spots, the hole clams, mamtle expansion, how long in the system, how many, how big ect....
Minh

chinmo
01/31/2004, 11:21 AM
tank is 2.5 by 1.5 by 1.5 ft, 4 inch dsb, folw rate slow cos i'm keeping seahorses.

ammonia,0
no2,0
no3, 15

mantle expanding, doesn't look like gapping, feed phyto twice a week, the area between the intake and oultet holes colour turns lighter in tones, some have small area whitish in colour.

mostly my crocea is between 3 inch to 4inch.

OrionN
01/31/2004, 12:29 PM
These area are usually white anyway. It does not mean you clams are bleached. How many Clams do you have in there and how long? Are they growing?
I think you don't have any bleaching if the white area are between the in and out siphon.
A picture would be great.
Minh

chinmo
02/01/2004, 04:57 AM
Oh okie, i got e same answer from a local hobbist also, i got 7 clams, all croceas, hopefully i be able to get some nice maximas!:D the first clam in my tank are 2 mths plus. all doing fine, mantle expand fully, the first clams seems to have a new layer of growth. :) will post pics when i borrow a dc from friend.

is it okie to feed phyto to clams everyday?:) :D

OrionN
02/01/2004, 05:58 AM
It is great if you can feeed them daily. You may wat to cut out a coke bottle and put it over the clam, or clams and put phyto in it. Remove the bottle when clear a hour or so later (don't forget or your clam will die due to lack of O2. This way the clam can get much more out of the feeding.
Minh