PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement Concerning Image Attachments

MiNdErAsR
01/31/2004, 09:32 AM
As some of you may have noticed, I have edited certain posts in this forum which contain images. It seems I may have been incorrect about what I believed to be RC policy.

I thought using [ img] tags while RC hosts the image was no longer allowed. It turns out that the posts where people use attached images, and then use the [ img] tag as well are the problem. I would ask that you please refrain from using both file attachments AND [ img] tags in your posts. One OR the other is fine, not both.

For those of you whose posts I have incorrectly edited I apologise.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

MarkS
01/31/2004, 11:01 AM
Just curious... Why is this? :confused:

MiNdErAsR
01/31/2004, 11:13 PM
It uses resources unnecessarily on our already taxed server.

MarkS
02/03/2004, 01:18 PM
Ah. Good point.

GTR
02/13/2004, 02:28 PM
So that I understand...

It's ok to upload into my RC gallery and then use the [ img] tags to place the same image directly in the thread.

Ok, yes?

Just want to follow the rules.

Steve U:)

MarkS
02/13/2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by gtrestoration
It's ok to upload into my RC gallery and then use the [ img] tags to place the same image directly in the thread.

Wont work. The link needs to end in ".jpg", ".gif" or ".bmp" for the image tag to recognize it as an image. The gallery URL's end in some sort of weird code. The image tag will just show the URL. :( Been there, done that. :( :(

GTR
02/13/2004, 05:51 PM
No it will indeed work.

Go to your gallery and pick a picture you want. Click on that image and it will then bring up the full size image. Right click on the image and then properties in the pop-up menu.

Highlight everything to the right of...
Address:
(URL)

and copy it. There is no "button" for copy on this menu so use the keyboard. I have a habit of using Ctrl and Insert eventhough Bill Gates now says use Ctrl and C.

In this case it would be...
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/508/1010Corner_Aquarium.JPG

Then in the message use the IMG button and when prompted unload your copy by pasting (shift-Insert or Ctrl-V) and there you have it.
Like thishttp://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/508/1010Corner_Aquarium.JPG

Don't know if I should or not though. But I'm sure to fing out soon.

Steve U

MarkS
02/13/2004, 06:18 PM
I did exactly as you said when I created that pic for a thread. Did not work. Strange. :confused:

MiNdErAsR
02/16/2004, 04:19 PM
You can upload your images to the gallery, then use either the attachment feature or [ img] tags, but not both.