PDA

View Full Version : PFO premium halide

mrscheider
02/04/2004, 08:32 AM
Morning PA crew,
I am interested in buying the 24" PFO Premium Halide Hood.
The question I have is, can I get that with the IceCap Electronic ballast for a 400W halide? It doesn't appear to be an option on your website. I'm sure I can buy it seperately but I cannot do wiring because I will definitly cause a fire! LOL!
So far, I'm planning to add Fl. VHO end caps with a PFO electronic VHO ballast, the dual 4 inch PFO fans, 2 VHO bulbs with an oak finish. I already have a 400W halide bulb so I'm all set except for the Halide ballast. So is that ballast an option that can be installed and ready to shine when I receive it?
Thanks guys!

Michael

Jeremy B.
02/05/2004, 12:33 PM
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately the IC 400W ballast is not an option with that hood yet. It is designed to run off of 220v rather than 110v circuit. You can purchase it separately and wire it in yourself, but it doesn't sound like you are comfortable going that route. The Blueline E-Bal 400W ballasts will be back in stock within the next week, and they run off of 110v. Although you would be in the same situation with wiring it up.

mrscheider
02/05/2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks Jeremy,
I will just go with a magnetic one then.

What is the lead time on that unit using the PFO ballast?

M.

Jeremy B.
02/05/2004, 05:40 PM
Hi,

All of the PFO hoods are "made to order" and ship straight from their facility in Washington. They typically take 3-5 days to ship once the order has been sent over to them. It looks like you are in NJ, so it would be about a 10 day lead time for you to see the hood.

Thanks!