PDA

View Full Version : anenome on TBS rock

HolyBanana
02/10/2004, 09:52 AM
I got my shipment on Friday and I got some really beautiful rock. :D
Well I also noticed tons of flower pot anemonies and two anemonies that got me wondering what they are. It tough to see colors since I dont have my lights on yet.

They are brown with long tentacles and they have moved around a bit on the rock. They are mid size anemones with a area of about a siver dolar or larger. They have long tentacles. My question are these condylactus? or are they aptasias?
I dont mind, but If they are aptasias I need to kill them asap.
Thanks

liverock
02/10/2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by HolyBanana
I got my shipment on Friday and I got some really beautiful rock. :D
Well I also noticed tons of flower pot anemonies and two anemonies that got me wondering what they are. It tough to see colors since I dont have my lights on yet.

They are brown with long tentacles and they have moved around a bit on the rock. They are mid size anemones with a area of about a siver dolar or larger. They have long tentacles. My question are these condylactus? or are they aptasias?
I dont mind, but If they are aptasias I need to kill them asap.
Thanks

no aptasia on our rock......they do not make it in the gulf..

Thanks
Richard TBS

HolyBanana
02/10/2004, 10:01 AM
AWESOME!
:D
BTW Richard, The other three guys who ordered with me where very impressed with your rock. I told they would, but where WoWed when they actually saw it. :)

Here is another question:
on one of the rocks, there is this thick orange sponge on it, and some of it is deteriorating and turning white with a fuzz. I figured that would be normal. Should I rip those pieces off so the rest doesnt get infected?

liverock
02/10/2004, 11:05 AM
just remove anything does not look right.....the rest usually grows back after the cycle, let your nose tell you if it is bad...

Thanks
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

HolyBanana
02/10/2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks, youre da man! :D

hdtran
02/10/2004, 02:19 PM
No flower pot anemones (Gonioporas) in the gulf either. Don't buy Gonioporas, please! (Do a search if you want to know why).

The brown things are probably a type of curlicue anemone, but I don't know the genus/species name. I have several (ranging from dime size to quarter size), they appear to be harmless (well, I saw one try to eat a bristleworm, but the bristleworm got away).