PDA

View Full Version : availability of stream 6100

reefer on a budget
02/12/2004, 09:49 PM
noticed these pumps have been hard to get lately. does anyone know what place has this pump in stock along with the multicontroller.
thanks
alex

rvitko
02/12/2004, 09:57 PM
I expect by next week multicontrollers will be in stock but the 6100 Stream is not coming in sufficient numbers to even fill all current orders. I'll need at least 40 more to just get my dealers caught up. In all honesty, I would place an order with a dealer you feel comfortable with, we have only had a brief window before christmas where they were readily available. I expect that will be the case again in late March.

reefer on a budget
02/12/2004, 10:01 PM
why is there is a limited quanity of these pumps shipped to the US? is there a reason y they wouldnt mass produce these pumps to satisfy the demand here in the US?

LowCel
02/12/2004, 10:11 PM
No mass production, I would much rather wait for a hand made one! Quality over Quantity please.

With that said.......is my 6100 going to be in tomorrow???? ;)

reefer on a budget
02/12/2004, 10:16 PM
okay let me rephrase that...y dont they make enough to satisfy the demand? is the demand that great that tunze cant catch up? if so, that would be quite hard to believe.i want a 6100 yesterday.:smokin:

rvitko
02/12/2004, 11:53 PM
Yes, it is always a see saw and someone somewhere in the world gets shorted, we can't make enough. Unfortunately for the US we require a special transformer, the vast majority of the world is 230v. We are a completely seperate production run of a product that is already difficult to make. The plastic parts are cast by a machine and the circuit boards are now surface mount but human hands have to assemble it and finish all the wiring and then it is tested twice before it leaves. I made 6100 Streams the last time I was at the factory and I estimated from my labor and the labor of the 5 ladies on the production line, 1.5 man hours went into each pump if I include the electrican who assembled the driver and the other ladies who poured the resin and assembled the coil. It is painstakingly slow and if a pump makes too much noise the whole line will be stopped to investigate if a part is out of spec. 3-4 years ago we weren't so careful and we figure we lost customers because maybe 100 pumps that weren't so good went out and we vowed it would never happen again, not everyone gives you a chance to make good, we would rather send nothing than bad product. It drives me up the wall, I don't like being short anymore than the customers do but I also am happy to say that we keep our reputation this way and if you are paying for our quality, you better get it.

reefer on a budget
02/13/2004, 02:39 PM
roger,
do u know of any place that currently has the tunze 6100 in stock available for sale? marinedepot is back ordered for about 4-6 weeks.

rvitko
02/13/2004, 02:42 PM
No, I don't. I only got 10 6100 Streams last week and will only get 30 more this week and I estimate 40 more are needed just to meet all of my customers current orders. I have 110 units on backorder with Tunze at present and I hope the supply will improve soon. I will try to get an update on Monday.

reefer on a budget
02/13/2004, 02:46 PM
roger...
sell me one...i can bribe u with some frags..jp
thanks please let me know the status when u find out next week.

rvitko
02/16/2004, 09:01 PM
I talked with Axel Tunze this morning. He said he only knew that he saw a bin full of completed electronic motors. They were not packaged or even assembled they had just passed testing. He said the drivers were the short link and they expected to have more ready this week. With any luck more 6100's will be ready for shipping to me by weeks end and then it takes about 10 days from preparing and packaging in Germany to arrival here. Then usually 4-5 days to the dealers. I can't promise anything as Axel's focus is inventing stuff and making sure things get done and he promised he would focus on this but didn't know exact details of what was ready for me or how long it would be. I did make it clear that the most urgent need now is 6100 and 3155 Osmolator.