PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Streams coming out?

npaden
02/13/2004, 09:15 AM
I just got a 6100 to replace my Reeftec PE-2 that finally died and was suprised that the output isn't as strong. The flow is more of a U and the reeftec was more of a V, but across my 10' tank the flow doesn't appear quite as strong with the 6100 as it was with the PE-2. The propeller is much smaller and I think the PE-2 had a similar strentgh motor as the tunze but I still think it wasn't strong enough to run that propeller so that is why it finally gave out after 2 years.

I had heard that Tunze was coming out with a 5,000+ gph stream but wasn't sure if this was just rumor or if it was really going to happen. The Tunze was also a lot smaller than I expected which was nice. I would prefer to get a stronger Tunze and put this one on the low flow side of the tank and run them on a controller if the rumors are true. How long would it be before the stronger version hit the states?

Thanks, Nathan

rvitko
02/13/2004, 10:13 AM
We are still in Beta testing of the 6200. I expect it will be ready in a couple months.

mojodeli
02/13/2004, 11:47 AM
is there a way to get on a waiting list to get the first units that arrive in the states?

rvitko
02/13/2004, 12:07 PM
Not at this time.

I do want to say that the test model I have may not be exactly what npaden is looking for. The Outlet is 2.5" rather than the 2" of the current stream models. The flow is even broader and carries about the same distance of 6-7ft.

ktani
02/13/2004, 06:58 PM
Hi Roger,

Do you think the 6200's assuming they come out this year would be a better choice in an 8' or 12' tank rather than running 6100's?

I would love to get your opinion on the matter as we are designing the new tanks right now.

Thanks.

Kip

rvitko
02/13/2004, 07:03 PM
I think so, basically all the manufacturers of aquarium products unveil their new products this May at Interzoo in Nuremburg. We have some really cool things coming out this year, some will be ready before the show, some won't be ready until the fall. This event happens every two years and is the biggest trade show in the pet industry occupying about 7 football fields of space.