PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

TwinCitiesClown
02/24/2004, 10:51 AM
I would like to make a suggestion. I would like to be able to rate products like they do on Amazon. The reason for that is I purchased a Red Sea Calcium Test Kit. The thing is a total piece of trash. If the product was rated by others who have purchased that product I would have chosen a different test kit. I think that would be a huge jump to allow us customers to rate the product. That is my 2 cents. I think Marine Depot is the best in the business. I have saved hundreds of dollors by purchasing items from them.

GTR
02/24/2004, 01:09 PM
TwinCitiesClown...

Not to distract form your rating suggestion but what is it you dislike about the RS test kit?

Steve U

TwinCitiesClown
02/24/2004, 01:36 PM
Well I tried to test my calcium 3 times with RS test kit. I did the test as they are laid out in the instructions. It just didn't work.

GTR
02/24/2004, 02:04 PM
"It just didn't work." ?

As in nothing happened or it is testing wrong?

I'm not a chemist but what I believe to be true is that there are a limited number of ways to produce these hobbiest style test kits. True, the quality of the reagents is important but then IMO they are all about the same. I have both RS and Salifert kits for both alk and calcium and the results are so close to being the same the it's in the exceptable range of error, be it kit error or operator error.

Steve U

TwinCitiesClown
02/24/2004, 10:12 PM
Your absolutley right. It could be either a user error or a kit error. I am sorry that I slammed the RS. In all honesty it could be that it was a user error. I haven't done that many calcium test yet. I just would like to see a rating system of other peoples opions on products that they have purchased. Netflix and Amazon do this and they are way ahead of the competition.

MarineDepot
02/27/2004, 06:12 PM
Hi TCCLown,

Thank you for your suggestion. Our webmaster is currently working on that feature as we speak. If you click on the item number, it will take you to the specific product page: where there is a customer review section. Unfortunately, I am not certain whether it is 100% operational at this time.

In regards to the RedSea test kit, it is actually not a bad test kit for the price. I personally prefer the Salifter kits; however, they are quite a bit more expensive.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Marine Depot Customer Service
www.marinedepot.com

TwinCitiesClown
04/07/2004, 10:33 PM
That is great! I just checked out the website. Was it my suggestion that got the ball rolling or was it already in the works when I made the suggestion?

MarineDepot
04/08/2004, 04:40 PM
Hi TCC,

It was already in the works. However, your suggestion helps to 'motivate' the IT guys and get it up and running quicker. We definitely appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Marine Depot Customer Service
www.marinedepot.com