PDA

View Full Version : Deresas color

tigerTA
03/01/2004, 10:49 PM
My Deresa clams color has changed. It has become very purple. It looks very nice, but i am wondering if this is good or bad. Basically everywhere that there was brown on it, is now purple; still with the white lines. It is still open, and acting normal. any help would be great. thanks

namscam
03/01/2004, 10:54 PM
how long did you get the clam for...If you have just gotten the clam then I would think that it is thriving in your tank and wasnt thriving in the LFS tank due to poor lighting condition.. when clams get poor lighting condition, they will change to brownish color....this has happened to a buddy of mine who had a beige derasa but when put under his PC it turned brown so I think that it was brown at the LFS and not that it has better lighting its turning back to its true colors

tigerTA
03/01/2004, 11:41 PM
Ive had the clam for about 3 months. With the light, its under a 65 wt 10k PC, and 2 35 wt Atinic fluor bulbs. And it turned purple about 5 weeks ago. But thats good to hear that it is most likely a good thing(the purple color). =)

namscam
03/02/2004, 12:42 AM
how big is ur tank because i might have second thoughts bout your lighting...what kind of lighting did the LFS have?? because it looks like you dont really have that much lighting but if its in a small nano or something then it would be ok

tigerTA
03/02/2004, 03:14 PM
its only a 26L. about 20" high. Plus ive been told that deresa's dont need tht high of light.

tigerTA
03/02/2004, 03:15 PM
The LFS had them under 2 PC's

pat101
03/02/2004, 03:43 PM
Mine has also colored up significantly under my VHO's, after about 2 weeks. This is a good sign because it means the clam is getting the light it needs.