PDA

View Full Version : Reef Pack Question

doxyman
03/14/2004, 07:33 AM
Roger,
I recently set up a 105g using the Reef Pack. The instructions said to use 2 intake tubes on filter 3166 for pumps with a capacity of 800-2400l and 1 tube for 300-800l pumps. Since the kit came with a Turbelle 1600, I installed both tubes that were supplied. Recently when talking with the owner of the LFS I had purchased it from (Rick) and he said I should be using only 1 tube. So my question is do I leave it as is or remove one of the tubes and reinstall the plug?
Thanks for your help,
Rob

rvitko
03/14/2004, 07:48 PM
You can do it either way. The final reefpack manual is just coming out now. Up until now you got the manuals for all the individual components. We kind of rushed this one because the demand was huge in Europe and everyone wanted it now, manual be damned. When the concept was shown several shops preordered so many units that with only a prototype we had 200 sold and now we are finally finishing it. Anyway, if you use one intake you will get improved surface skimming and that is why I like to just use one and told Rick my opinion on this.

doxyman
03/14/2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks Roger, that's the info I was looking for. Tomorrow I'll try one tube and see how that works.