PDA

View Full Version : placement and availability

nezw0001
03/15/2004, 09:12 PM
I am looking for advice on the flow in my tank, 180 mostly sps. I have an ampmaster 4700 as my return. I figure with the head pressure it is at approx 3000ghp or so. This is divided into 4 adjustable nozzles. I also have a tunze 7410 at the front right of my tank. I have two 6100s on order with marine depot. What should I do?

I am planning on totally redoing my returns using a nifty oceanmotion switching device but the ball and chain has only allowed the purchase of the streams for now.

Also any idea on availability? I haven't seen a post for a little bit. I am having dreams about my streams. Kind of worried I may get impatient and redo my returns in the mean time-major plumbing project! Well at least I am not wasting my bonus on shoes and stuff:)

Jill

Also

rvitko
03/16/2004, 01:20 PM
Streams are staring to come in again, I have been getting a small quantity every week. It isn't quite as many as we need but it is better than nothing and there was a long period of nothing coming in. I expect we will start catching up soon. For a 180 all you will need is the Stream kit with multicontroller. It will provide plenty of flow. I frankly would downgrade to just a return pump of sufficient turnover and save the electricity expense.

nezw0001
03/16/2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks Roger.

Any suggestions on relative position of the streams and the 7410?

Jill

PS I like your gordon lightfoot quote. Growing up in Duluth, MN "the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald" was practically our school anthem.

rvitko
03/17/2004, 09:53 AM
I would put a Stream on either side and then put the 7410 in an area that you want to have intense flow. Perhaps you will have some acros up top that you want a bit more flow for- I think you could do without it though. Is it a 7410/2, or a 7410p (old model with knobs on the front of the driver and built in pulse mode)?

My dad is from Virginia Minnesota and my great grandfather who was a recent immigrant from Poland was a chute operator for the Masabai Iron Ore company on like Superior. My dad layed track and my grandfather was a diesel locomotive driver with a route from Tower into Canada. I midd going Blueberry collecting and going to Iron Ore days in Tower and the Blueberry festival in Ely. Outside of the mosquitoes, Ely is one of my favorite towns in the world in the spring.

nezw0001
03/17/2004, 03:40 PM
The 7410 is the 7410/2. Thanks for the tip.

Good to see some folks of polish heritage! With a last name like Nezworski it is hard to hide it. The Blueberry fest is alot of fun and usually good weather. The history of northern MN is pretty amazing!

rvitko
03/17/2004, 04:34 PM
Boy, I really made some spelling errors- coffee hadn't kicked in yet. You will be able to connect your 7400/2 to the multicontroller as well, the reason I asked is the older one needed a special adapter to work on the current multicontroller.