PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed you mantis?

Simms142
03/30/2004, 03:59 PM
Just trying to get an idea of what everyone feed thier mantis(es). Please post whatever you feed them.

Also, who makes a 10 or 15 gallon glass tank with 1/4 inch glass. I made an acrylic, but its made out of extruded and i dont want it it all set up, and then have it start crazing, so i am just going to try to find a decent glass tank. Or am i nuts and should i just stay with the 10 gallon diy acrylic. Its "reverse" dimensions, 10 inches high and 12inches wide 20 inches long.

Kaiser_s0ze
03/30/2004, 05:02 PM
i have had succes on ghost shrimp, freshwater snails, brachish snails, freezedried baby shrimp, and sometimes shrimp pellets

im a big fan of diy, u can always try to make another soon, i made 4 tank b4 got one i kept!

Reef Pinoy
03/30/2004, 11:14 PM
For my O.S. I feed it the following:
Live - Ghost shrimp, killifish, mollies, damsels, galveston hermit crabs, manilla clams, and crawfish. Accidentally percula clowns and squirrel fish.
Frozen - shrimp

Dexter1334
04/01/2004, 11:40 AM
Frozen raw shrimp from grocery, silversides, occasional snail, any kind of dry food the regular fish get, frozen mysis and live brine shrimp. They eat anything. Mine are in a regular all glass ten gallon and have been for months. They have had babies and chopped some holes in the rock but haven't busted out yet. I don't really see any reason for them to try and really doubt they could if they wanted. The tank has a glass bottom and they have tunneled and burrowed with no ill effect on the glass.

I would be interested if anyone has any first hand experience with them breaking a glass tank. I have heard lots of second hand stories and I heards, but no first hand accounts of them breaking out of a glass aquarium.

Ken2001
04/04/2004, 02:31 PM
Perwinkles, mussels, small hermits, frozen misis shrimp.