PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Stream - DRIVER ALARM!!!

Pies
04/13/2004, 05:01 PM
I have a pair of Tunze Stream 6100 with the 7094 controller. Love them.

This morning I got up to a lound squawking. After looking around it seems to be comming from the driver box on one of the pumps (the light blue box alloy box). When the power is off it stops. Its not consistant, its on for a bit and off for a bit at different intervals.

I changed it over with the other pump but its the same driver regardless of what pump is connected.

I can't find anything about this, anyone know what this alarm means?

Thanks

Pies

rvitko
04/13/2004, 05:07 PM
It is in the manual, basically the pump is dirty. You just need to take the drive unit out and thoroughly clean it and the alarm will stop once the pump is clean and the sensors in the pump detect it is running at the correct speed.

MSHUR
04/16/2004, 12:14 PM
hi,roger..
its funny ,but i got same problem this morning:))
i did clean everything and u right...it start working again..i was upset,thought samething broke untill i looked in the manual
how often do i have to clean ,to avoid any problem with driver and motor
regards,mike

rvitko
04/16/2004, 12:24 PM
It depends on the additives you use, pH, Calcium levels, KH, Magnesium and Strotium, CO2 content. No hard and fast rules for cleaning, 2 months for some, a year for others. In ideal conditions of KH of 10-12 and Ca of 380-420 6 months should be the norm but using a lot of Kalkwasser or two part additives to get there will shorten this duration.

MSHUR
04/16/2004, 12:36 PM
got u...well i have ca reactor,,kalk...u know:)))sps tank...
what can go wroght in worth situation?

Armando
04/16/2004, 01:37 PM
Wow, what a strange coincidence. I also got up with my pump driver screaming! I thought it was a defect or something. Good that I found this thread. Time to clean it up i guess :)

moonpod
04/16/2004, 03:40 PM
If you've got a ca reactor and you dose kalk (like I do), I've found that fairly regularly (2-3mos) or so, you gotta do the vineagar soak deal to avoid pump lockup and screaming blue boxes.