PDA

View Full Version : Hello

rvitko
09/07/2001, 12:37 PM
I am the president and founder of AquaTek Tropical Fish. We are a local fish store in Austin Texas that has been in business for 4 years. I have been a hobbyist since i was six years old. I am now 26 and have been keeping reefs for almost 4 years. Part of my love for this hobby is for the animals but I also bring with me an enthusiasm for well made machines. I carry the products that I like to use and that I have had success with. I also offer a repair service for the marks I carry online as well as Eheim, Angstrom and Schego. While we may not be as sophisticated as the bigger online houses we try our best to provide personalized service and keep our customers happy. If I can help you in anyway please let me know. I must confess that computers are not one of the machines I am fond of, but I will check in regularly and may be reached at my shop 512-450-0182 or by email. Thank you, I know I have a lot of customers on this board and I appreciate your past support.

KASESQ
10/01/2001, 12:53 PM
Do you have any results from the Tunze calcium reactors available? We spoke about them quite awhile back and I was wondering how they are working for you.Kurt Seidler.

rvitko
10/02/2001, 08:26 PM
Hi Kurt, regarding the Calcium Reactors here is the outcome, two customers no problem calcium around 400, 370-430ppm KH 8-10. I have had four customers complain about low KH around 6-8 range but good calcium levels 400ppm. I believe this could be a result of the CO2 settings because I know that the carbonates exist in equilibrium with the CO2 level but I am unsure how to correct it. It could also be related to magnesium levels. I also find this curious as every other brand of calcium reactor I have known has the opposite tendency very high KH 14-16 and lower calcium 360-380ppm. Tunze is coming out with a system to dipense kalkwasser as a supplement to the calcium reactor which should aid KH. I think given the choice KH is easier to correct than calcium levels.